Xmas Bakeshop [Mimi's World Tour]



Bakery: Xmas Bakeshop (聖誕屋)
Address: No. 3, Minzu Road, Lukang Township, Changhua County
Website: facebook
Style: Chinese
Price: $$ 
 
I've noticed that there are quite a number of Asians who love putting up Christmas decorations  and never taking them down (I still remember my place in Busan with its Christmas tree in late March :D), but going to such lengths as to name your bakery that is a bit excessive. Cute, but excessive. Just like the Christmas tree logo and Christmas lights outside.... it's so cheesy and over the top. But somehow I like it! 

Should I confess that with all this Christmas hype I was actually a little disappointed that they didn't have any Christmas-themed baked goods in April? Instead it's the fairly standard selection of sweet and savoury buns with a special focus on outlandish cakes - perhaps the most in keeping with this over-the-top bakery. 
Instead, I felt suckered into getting the twist doughnut ($30). It's not my fault it looked good with its chewy, almost danish-like dough. Even looking at it, you could see the slight layers in the dough, though at the same time I felt like it was a bit underdone, since it was too soft and didn't have that great deep-fried crust on the outside that makes doughnuts well, doughnuts. Still, it was pretty good.... 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment