Full Moon Croissant [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Full Moon Croissant (滿月金牛角)
Address: No. 528, Zhongshan Road, West District, Chiayi
Website: n/a
Style: Chinese
Price: $$-$$$
 
What is with me not being able to find any of the bakeries I visited in Chiayi!? This is the second one on the list and, (as I discovered) like many train station bakeries, this one does not seem to exist anywhere. Is it still here? I hope so. x_x Conveniently located inside Chiayi train station, this small bakery stall *must* have a main location elsewhere. I just can't find it. Their specialty - judging purely from the name and not actually from their assortment in-store which was more hodgepodge - seems to be "golden horns", a sort of Taiwanese take on the croissant and usually available in at least a couple flavours. At least, they're crescent-shaped buns, doughy and rather uneventful (in my opinion). They also had several varieties of sweet and savoury buns, most of which with English labels. Expect to pay more than bakeries in town.
Considered by me to be the most "bang for your buck" option, I picked out the walnut sugar bread ($50). It was also fairly unique with the sweet glaze and chunks of walnut rolled into the dough. Biting into it, I was disappointed that there weren't that many more walnuts inside. Also the glaze didn't help add any flavour to the otherwise bland bun. Good to grab on the go, especially if you're only other option is the convenience store, but underwhelming. 

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment