My Cafe & Bakery [Mimi's World Tour]



Bakery: My Cafe & Bakery (麥仕佳專業烘焙)
Address: No. 226, Wanshou Road, Lukang Township, Changhua County
Style: Chinese
Price: $$ 
 
Seeing as this bakery is right around the corner from the one I just did, it popped up on the map without my having to look for it, so I thought I'd simply do them together to save me the trouble of searching for it again. Anyways, I learned only now that this bakery is part of a Changhua-based chain with quite a number of locations in the city itself as well as in Taichung and one off here in Lukang. At least it's a local bakery. The one I visited was a pretty cluttered bakery with all the usual bread and bun varieties, most of which were already plastic-wrapped (which I never really like, because they tend to get soggy and lose that freshly baked crunch). 
A slightly more unique find was the coconut almond cranberry twist ($35). I had this in one other bakery in Taipei and really liked it, so I couldn't resist trying this winning combination again. I liked the nice big chunks of slivered almonds on top and there was a good amount of coconut, but where were the dried cranberries? There were a few in there somewhere.... I also didn't like it how the big knot at the bottom had none of the above and was simply a big ball of plain sweet dough. 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment