Anderson Bakery [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Anderson Bakery (安徒生精緻烘焙屋)
Address: No. 73, Yanping South Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei
Website: n/a
Style: Chinese
Price: $$ 

This quiet side street doesn't get nearly as much pedestrian traffic as all the roads around it do; I never actually noticed there was a bakery right next to Zhongshan Hall until doing my research. I don't seem to be the only one, because Anderson Bakery was a quiet place with no one really there. The selection was fairly standard, the focus being what I would call subs and sandwiches, but my first impression was that it was all very similar. It's almost as if they used the exact same dough for every baked good made, both sweet and savoury. Everything kind of just looked like a golden yellow, mildly crusty pineapple bun, some with toppings, some filled, some plain. 
Looking for something a bit more unique, I got the coffee pineapple bread ($25). Um, yes, it too was a variety of pineapple bread. See, I wasn't joking! The concept was actually a good one: take the fragrant coffee topping of a coffee bread and make it all crusty like a pineapple bread. It smelled really good, but I was disappointed that it wasn't as crusty as it looked. Also, it was a bit of a ripoff because there was this big air bubble under the crust, so that when you bit down on it, the crust kind of chunked off on its own. The bread underneath was a bit lacklustre with that slightly foamy texture I'm not too fond of.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment