Hearthstone Artisan Bakery


Bakery: Hearthstone Artisan Bakery 
Address: 50 Tenth St #115a, Nanaimo BC 
Style: Canadian
Price: $$ 

Located south of Nanaimo proper, this bakery was on my list the last time I visited these parts, so it's always nice to go back and cross the bakeries off I missed the first time around. If I recall correctly, they were also featured on Nanaimo Tourism's Nanaimo Bar Trail, which was how they got onto my list in the first place. I mean, with five or so different Nanaimo bar flavours, they better be! 
And what better way to do any Nanaimo bakery review? ;) The classic Nanaimo bar ($3.95) was in my opinion a bit expensive, but I especially liked the proportion of bottom to cream layer. Usually Nanaimo bars just don't have enough substance on the bottom and this one was nice and chunky at that. The cream filling had a thick, almost cheesecake-like consistency, but - as I often find - the chocolate on top was a little too overwhelming for me. Still, a great contender for a Nanaimo bar challenge. 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment