Adela's Bakery [International Correspondent]


 
 
 
 
Bakery: Adela's Bakery
Address: 319 Sumner St, Boston, MA
Website: n/a
Style: El Salvadorean, South American 
Price:

The reason we went to this bakery in the first place was because it was close to our Airbnb. I'm personally not the biggest fan of South American baking, but some are better than others. I like Colombian baked goods, for example, and I'd never tried anything from El Salvador, so I was interested. I like trying new stuff. 
Like many Latino bakeries, the stuff is well-priced/cheap and most of it is in the window. I didn't really like that nothing was labelled so you don't really know what's what, but that's pretty common with ethnic places. I took the two items that looked the best, especially since I didn't want just plain dough (like those buns with crumble on top). I thought some jam would spice things up. The patty-shaped one tasted more like a cookie and was pretty dry. I don't remember if there was more to it than just the jam on top.... 
The square was better and more complex, with more filling in the centre, but when you ate everything at once, all you tasted was the dough and that made it also seem dry. It's cheap and I wanted to try it, but it was kind of disappointing. And I forgot to take a location shot.
 
Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment