Glamorgan Bakery


Bakery: Glamorgan Bakery 
Address: 3919 Richmond Rd SW #19, Calgary AB 
Style: Canadian, Dutch
Price: $$  

Glamorgan is one of these classic Dutch-Canadian bakeries that have a little bit of everything. Want a doughnut, a birthday cake, some squares or cookies - you name it, they've got it. And at reasonable prices as well. 
The first thing that I simply could resist was the deceitfully giant doughnut ring - I say deceitfully only because in all my years of bakery reviewing, I've never encountered such a big hole. If they made doughnut holes from these rings, you'd be left with full-sized doughnuts. You can even make doughnut holes from the doughnut holes~! Nonetheless, this was simply a good doughnut done right: a nice glaze, good, slightly chewy texture. 
I also took an apple slice. Except it got heated up in the car and I only ate it the day after, so appearance-wise, it looks a bit depressed. There was some sort of icing on top and it melted, but taste-wise, it was very good. Nice thin dough (would have perhaps liked it more flaky as opposed to on the doughy side), generous on the apples. The one thing that got to me was that out of all the sweets and pastries in store, I have to confess the best - and I mean the best - were their famous cheese buns. Wow, some of the best cheese buns I've had! 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment