脆皮鮮奶甜甜圈 [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: 脆皮鮮奶甜甜圈 (Crispy Milk Doughnuts)
Address: No. 24, Lane 17, Shuangcheng Street, Zhongshan District, Taipei 
Website: facebook
Style: Doughnuts
Price: $-$$
 
This doughnut stand was pretty much located around the corner from my apartment and you can bet I was there as soon as I dropped everything off. Despite lacking a proper name and having a maybe four or five locations in Taipei, this stall certainly has plenty of hype surrounding it. Many rave online that it's the best doughnut ever, the best doughnut in Taiwan, etc. Only doughnut master Mimi can make that call. 
Apparently, there's crazy lines to this place as well as a variety of sweet and savoury doughnut flavours; when I went, there were neither. I was the only person there and they only had the original milk doughnuts. The crispy milk doughnut ($25) is an incredibly crispy, crunchy doughnut ring with a soft inside that is then coated with powder. A little too much powder, in my opinion, since it turned pasty in my mouth and created this feeling of eating peanut butter, which wasn't the best sensation. So is it the best doughnut in Taiwan? No. Is it worth standing in a ridiculous line for? No. But they are still so good! -^^- 

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment