Florida Bakery [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Florida Bakery (福利麵包食品有限公司)
Address: No. 23-5, Section 3, Zhongshan N Rd, Zhongshan District, Taipei 
Style: Chinese
Price: $$ 

Florida Bakery might just be the most bustling, busy bakery in Zhongshan District. I certainly made it effort to visit them all and this one definitely stood out as the one with the most not necessarily hype, but insanity surrounding it - I couldn't even get a location shot in. *pouts* I always like to go around and see everything before deciding on my purchase when I'm going there for the first time and it was really hard to do so here without being pushed and jostled. The selection was quite extensive both in terms of baked goods and cakes (with some very unusual products like decorated sugar cookies and tortillas), but Florida is a larger chain of bakeries and everything had a decidedly commercial look to it.
Taking advantage of their array of unique, never-before-seen creations, I went with the lemon yogourt bun ($38). I've made lemon yogourt cheesecake before and thought that this would be a mini baked cheesecake. It did look like it. I was disappointed that the yogourt part was confined to this small sliver on top of a plain sweet bun and even so the lemon part had this fake "yogourt-flavour" taste. Boring and quite unpleasant. Honestly, I wish people would support the smaller bakeries with the same amount of fervour.... 

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment