Donut King

Bakery: Pho Viet & Donut King
Address: 1200 Summit Dr #1, Kamloops, BC
Style: Doughnuts
Price: $-$$ 
 
Now, I'm encountered some pretty zany bakery combinations during my years of touring. I think the dollar store/bakery combination may have taken the prize for most unique combination of businesses. Classic doughnut diner teamed up with Vietnamese restaurant? It's definitely a contender. My hunch is that the Vietnamese restaurant kind of "took over" the existing coffee and doughnuts place. And my hunch is also that the Vietnamese food is so much better than the doughnuts.... 
At the very least, that could definitely be said of the apple fritter ($2). More often than not, you can tell a baked good by how it looks like and this apple fritter was, to be honest, a pretty sad excuse. No glaze or adornment, it was a big ball of dough with literally one piece of apple and an overwhelming taste of raw cinnamon, as though it had been coated in it after frying?? This was not a happy fritter. And I wasn't all that happy eating it. :(

Rating: *1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment