Lucky Gift [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Lucky Gift (喜之坊)
Address: No. 422, Guangfu South Road, Da’an District, Taipei 
Style: Chinese
Price: $$ 

The one thing I associate Lucky Gift with is being totally drenched and waiting under their roof, hoping for the downpour to stop. Why, my umbrella is even in the location shot. -_- Nonetheless, the bakery itself doesn't really sound like a bakery. Somehow I picture some sort of shop for buying money envelopes and lucky cats.... the fact that their front window shows various gift boxes (and a TV) further heightens this idea of it being a souvenir store or some sort of gimmick; however, beyond that front window, this business is indeed a rather standard bakery and everyone there is loading their trays with green onion or pineapple buns just like every other cheap bakery with a large variety of bread. Maybe somewhere along the way they have a section dedicated to gift boxes, but really, no one seems all too interested in that. 
That, of course, is not to say that this bakery was bad. On the contrary. I got the custard bun ($23) because it seemed to be particularly popular that day and I was pleased by my decision. Outwardly, it didn't look any different, but the dough was fluffy and soft with a nice, tasty cream stuffed in the middle. Not too much and not too thick in consistency (I really don't like when the cream filling gets a little too snotty for my liking), it was simple yet good. Nothing fancy and perhaps it's not worth getting a gift box from this place, but I liked it. 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment