Ta Pu Mei Bakery [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Ta Pu Mei Bakery (大普美藝術蛋糕)
Address: No. 199, Jinzhou Street, Zhongshan District, Taipei 
Style: Chinese
Price: $$ 
 
For a somewhat dingy back alley bakery, this is one crazy busy place! And they have it all; as a matter of fact, this bakery had one of the widest selections I'd encountered: bread, traditional pastries, gift boxes, a wide assortment of cakes and cake slices. 
And out of all that, why on earth did I pick this? Okay, it did look good in the store and I never like people pushing and shoving me; I can't think under pressure and I wanted to just pick something up and go. Once I got in the super long line to the cash, I noticed items on the other side that I would have preferred, but is it proper to put back something you put onto your tray? I definitely didn't want to start piling more stuff onto my tray... it's just me eating it. Anyways: the pineapple bun with almonds and taro paste filling ($38) looked like it would have some great texture on top and I found it softer/soggier than expected. I think one part of that was the overwhelming amount of taro inside (can I just admit I didn't know it would be stuffed with taro?), which weighed down the dough. It was the only thing you could taste. If that were the case, I would have preferred an actual taro pastry or cake... Bad decision, big disappointment. 

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment