What's Brewing on Broadway

Bakery: What's Brewing on Broadway
Address: 420 Broadway St, Nakusp BC 
Website: n/a
Style: Canadian
Price: $$ 

It's December 31 and I'm trying to go through as much of my pending list of bakeries as possible before my "150 Canadian bakeries" expires. I can't believe it's pretty much done... Anyways, here's one from Nakusp. According to Google, there is supposed to be an actual bakery in town; unfortunately, this bakery no longer exists and one of your only sources for baked goods is this cozy coffee shop on the main street. Yes, at the very least, What's Brewing on Broadway does have their own selection of treats to go with your coffee, tea or smoothie. As is often the case with cafes, that selection isn't too extensive and includes such things as muffins, scones, slices of pound cakes (banana is the one I remember), and a few squares and cookies.
From this, I picked out the brownie (I forget if it had a specific name or style. It was a dense chocolate brownie, nice and moist, with a triple top featuring thick white frosting, a strip of chocolate in the middle and then drizzled with dark chocolate. Maybe a little excessively sweet, but you can't expect any less from a brownie. ;) A nice stop before or after the hot springs....

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment