Boulangerie Chez-François

Bakery: Boulangerie Chez-François
Address: 37 ch Canada, Edmundston NB
Website: facebook
Style: Canadian
Price: $$ 

The Maritime tour may almost be over, but there are still a few more bakeries to go through. Chez François is one of them. Home to classic, homey baked goods like cinnamon buns and pies, it was my last chance to grab some traditional (and for the most part regional) raisin pie. In this case, it was very nice to have a tart version -- if only more places would so! Sometimes you really don't want to invest in a large-scale pie.
Anyways, the tarte au raisin ($4.50) had a golden brown, soft, slightly flaky pie dough stuffed with a butter tart-like filling with loads of raisins. Somehow, I don't like raisins and I'm not too find of grapes, but there's something about the taste of plump raisins and pie dough that got to me the first time I tried this pie. This one in particular wasn't too sweet, with good dough, but I felt like the filling could use a little something. Perhaps a more buttery flavour? Still, I was happy to revisit this Maritime classic one more time.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment