Caribou Crossing Coffee

Bakery: Caribou Crossing Coffee 
Address: Carcross Commons, Carcross YT
Website: facebook
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

I've done it! I've done it -- this is the 150th Canadian bakery review of the year and I'm still going strong. :) And here I was thinking I wouldn't succeed in this dream of mine.

Anyways, that 150th Canadian bakery review belongs to Caribou Crossing Coffee, a coffee shop and bakery located in the lovely small town of Carcross. In my Yukon bakery research, I came across this place and was thinking I HAVE to do this; just look at it! It is so cool. Having done an organized tour the day before and managing to get in Village Bakery in Haines Junction, I was hoping that the same tour company would give me some time in Carcross to make a mad dash to the bakery. And I got more than enough time, not to mention the chance to make a mad dash to the other bakery in town, only to find it closed for the season. Curse you! 
Caribou Crossing Coffee is a small coffee shop with a small selection of baked goods: one side dedicated to gluten-free baked goods including macarons. On both sides, you could find scones, muffins, cupcakes, squares and cookies. Labelled and priced. Judging by the sign, their specialty seems to be cinnamon buns and I went in there with a purpose; after all, I love cinnamon buns. Asking at the front, the worker went to the shelf in the back and I was getting ready to have a hot bun; he returned to inform me that they weren't baked yet, but would be ready in 1.5 hours. O.O Noooo!! My cinnamon buns!

After recovering from my devastation, I picked out the cranberry muffin ($3.50). This was one massive muffin with a delicious, slightly chewy dough with lots of plump, tart cranberries. I really enjoyed the top with that slightly baked crust and soft inside that made you want to just rip it apart and gobble it all down. A great muffin as muffins go, but uh, I'm still disappointed about those cinnamon buns... -_-

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment