Bread Co.

Bakery: Bread Co. 
Address: 363 Bernard Ave, Kelowna BC 
Website: https://www.thebreadcompany.ca/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was in downtown Kelowna for the purpose of going to one bakery (which turned into two); this was that bakery.

Bread Co. has two locations, one downtown and another in Pandosy Village, and serves what I like to call the Canadian hodgepodge of baked goods and treats. Think macarons served alongside cannoli and Nanaimo bars; in some ways, you could say they have some of the most varied selection in town. Sometimes that's a great thing, and sometimes it leads to problems in picking something out. I know, it's a bit difficult.
 I'd been on a cinnamon roll roll lately and wasn't sure if I'd give this bakery's a try when I spotted something that I knew I had to try then and there: the cinnamon pretzel ($2.99). Yup, that was the final choice and I was very happy I made it. A huge flaky pretzel braided with cinnamon and then rolled in cinnamon and powdered sugar. Perfect texture: flaky and crusty on the outside; peeling it apart, you had soft, almost chewy dough with just the right amount of cinnamon. Not too gooey, not too dry. Despite its size, it's hard not to eat this in one go. ;) Mmm, this was a good one.

Rating: *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment