True Grain Bread

Bakery: True Grain Bread
Address: 10108 Main St, Summerland BC
Website: http://www.truegrain.ca/
Style: Bread, Canadian 
Price: $$ 

There are a great many bakeries I've encountered over the years that I would call a "bread bakery" (a boulangerie as opposed to a patisserie; alas, the French understand these things so much more), but they nonetheless have some sweets, whether that be a few baked goods like cinnamon buns or cookies. You don't need to make cake or anything elaborate, but bread-based sweets are possible too... No one really has "just bread"; or so I thought until I came upon True Grain Bread which does, indeed, have bread and pretty much nothing but, at least when I was there. But that's no fun!
Finally, wanting to do a bakery in Summerland and add it to my repertoire, some ginger cookies were bought. I do like ginger cookies. These looked promising: nice and thick with sugar sprinkled on top. I was disappointed, however, with the texture and also the lack of ginger; these should be spicy! I also love my ginger cookies nice and chewy and I'm never a fan of hard, crunchy cookies bought from a bakery... not what I was expecting.

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment