The "150 Canadian Bakeries" Dream!

This year, 2017, Canada turns 150 and in honour, Mimi's Cake Tour is taking the Great Canadian Cake Tour to a whole new level. The goal, the dream: One year, 150 Canadian bakeries reviewed from one end of the country to the other. :)

EDIT: I've done it!!!! 150 Canadian bakeries reviewed from across the country with just Newfoundland, Nunavut and Northwest Territories missing -- WOW! But it doesn't stop there. The year isn't over and the list of bakeries needing to be reviewed just keeps going and growing, so I am making this a 150+. 

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Current: 166/150

Want to get involved? Want 2017 to be Canada's Year of the Cake?
So you want to help make the 2017 Great GREAT Canadian Cake Tour a reality? Yay!

I have the humble aspiration to get at least one bakery in every part of Canada (Here's looking at you, Northern Canada! :P), but I'm not financially able to do any sort of cross-country road trip. So, the next best thing is to... cheat a little. Just a little. Anything and everything is appreciated -- please comment below with suggestions/recommendations!

  • SEND ME BAKED GOODS!!!* :D 
  • Share your favourite local bakeries! Is there a bakery you know of and/or love in your neighbourhood and it hasn't yet been featured on the Cake Tour?
  •  Do you know any bakeries that have online stores where I can have their goodies sent to me? 
  • Do you own a bakery and would let me buy baked goods from you and ship it to me? 
  • Do you have any other ideas? Would you like to post your own reviews or share your own bakery experiences? You're more than welcome to do so!!! Let's do this! :)

    (*= No, not really... well, yes, I'd be on cloud nine if anyone *did* send me baked goods from their bakery or from their favourite bakery, but I know that won't be happening. I'm only being silly! ^^)

2 comments: