Pekárna Karlštejn [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery:  Pekárna Karlštejn
Address: Královodvorská 15, Prague 
Website: n/a
Style: Czech, Chimney Cakes
Price: $$$$ 

Before I went to Prague, I kept hearing about how you have to have a chimney cake, so I couldn't wait to try one. Instead of going somewhere for lunch, I went to this place for the "traditional" chimney cake with ice cream and wish I got a sausage someplace else; not only did I not feel too good after this, this was a tourist trap and I felt ripped off -- no wonder all the signs were in English. Not to mention it definitely wasn't worth 90kč!
I was surprised that this chimney cake was like a piece of stale bread with a hard crust all around, stuffed with flavourless ice cream. Feeling very thirsty, I could barely eat it, because it was so dry. Personally, I would have preferred just a regular waffle cone. I can say the only thing I did like was that there was a chocolate rum ball at the bottom of the cone. This was definitely not worth sacrificing my lunch for; I don't think I'll have a chimney cake again....

Rating: *  

No comments:

Post a Comment