Čiko Cukrárna & Chlebíčkárna [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Čiko Cukrárna - Chlebíčkárna
Address: Jindřišská 19, Prague
Website: http://cukrarna-chlebickarna.cz/ 
Style: Czech
Price: $

This is the last bakery visited while in Prague, so that's that for the Czech Republic. Like Staročeská Bakery, this one was more traditional Czech baking. I don't know that much about Czech baking, but this is what I'd picture it to be: a mix of German and Polish and Eastern European in general.
Anyways, at this bakery I got the apple strudel with nuts; I don't remember the price, but I know it was cheap. Cheaper than the stupid chimney cake place or the French patisserie. This was a traditional, old-fashioned strudel made with flaky dough and sugar. This okay, but not very flavourful. It looked good and the texture of the dough, apples, and nuts was good, but the apples just didn't "pop". The overall impression I had was that it was kind of bland. Though it wasn't a strudel like here, the apple cake in Karpacz was better.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment