Cukiernia Antolak [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Cukiernia Antolak 
Address: Białobrzeska 13, Warsaw 
Website: http://www.cukiernia-antolak.pl/
Style: Polish
Price: $$ 

These are the last cakes/baked goods I had on my trip to Poland. Actually, this wasn't bought by me, but a relative, so I don't really know that much about the bakery itself besides the name and where it was. I saw it, so I know it's fancier than many of the bakeries reviewed before this, especially the ones where I just had a doughnut. This is because this is what you'd call a patisserie/pastry shop, where the specialty is cakes and pastries, not bread.
I noticed they have a lot of these "torte-like" cakes with sponge cake and flavoured cream, similar to the pistachio mousse or raspberry mousse cake I had; these creamy cakes seem to be a popular. The pistachio one with pistachio mousse and pieces of cherry was good. The apple cake was a little different from the other two, with a more crumbly dough and an airy dough on top, with meringue (I think); good apple filling, but the winner was definitely the raspberry mousse cake. This had chocolate cake dough, then raspberry mousse and raspberry jelly. It was fruity and flavourful. Overall, all cake slices were very good.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment