Bubby Rose's Bakery

Bakery: Bubby Rose's Bakery & Cafe
Address: 1022 Cook St, Victoria BC
Website: http://bubbyrosesbakery.com/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

Back in Victoria. Deciding to take a mid-day break, I settled for Bubby Rose's bakery... and, as was more often than not the case with my travels, I came at a busy time with every table inside taken and a fairly long line at the counter -- three cheers for bakery culture! ^-^v Having planned my route ahead of time, I was pretty much intent on trying what this bustling bakery considers their famous cinnamon rolls, but finding them individually saran wrapped, they didn't look as appetizing as I had hoped. Not to mention they had other options to choose from.

Bubby Rose's is a "healthier", home-style bakery -- the kind of bakery I would expect to find on Vancouver Island. ;) Cinnamon buns (available with or without raisins), carrot cake, loaf cakes, muffins and brownies with gluten-free and vegan options. They even make their own granola. And feeling a little over-indulged after a few days of hardcore Cake Touring, I thought I better go for something "healthier"; at least, let's phrase it that way. :P
And I love date squares ($2.65)! Who doesn't? You get your oats and dates and you're recharged for all consequent bakery reviewing. XD Bubby Rose's makes theirs with extra chunky granola clusters on top -- uploading my photos onto my computer, I was momentarily taken aback. Did this really look that good when I ordered it? A bit hard to eat, but good texture, good amount of dates, and the dough wasn't too sweet and nice match for the sweet stickiness of the fruit.

Yet another recommended bakery from Victoria means we're at 6:0. Keep it up!

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment