Bond Bond's Bakery

Bakery: Bond Bond's Bakery
Address: 1010 Blanshard Rd, Victoria BC 
Website: http://www.bondbondsbakery.com/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

The next bakery of the trip, Bond Bond's is a compact bakeshop with a fairly large selection of more home-style treats that include classics like squares, cinnamon buns, cookies, and some fancier French-inspired pastries and baked goods. Going there at the end of November, I was also greeted with seasonal pumpkin baked goods. Everything is labelled and priced.
I was debating between a few items (the cinnamon bun looked very good) and finally thought I would go with what I assume was a seasonal item: the pumpkin and cinnamon brioche bun ($3.50, taxes included). I certainly tasted the cinnamon, but was quite unsure about the pumpkin part; I couldn't exactly taste it... I was thinking if it was mixed into the dough, but even with the horrible lighting in my room, I couldn't discern more orange than normal dough. Maybe a pumpkin bun was separate from the cinnamon bun? Either way, I was not complaining -- this bun was delicious! I loved the slightly crisp shell underneath powdered sugar and a drizzle of icing and the chewy, buttery bottom which had to beat all other buttery baked goods I had in Victoria and beyond. It was full of flavourful cinnamon without getting overly gooey and every bite was just... yum.

Bond Bond's website claims their the best bakery in Victoria, and while I can't and don't like to provide a definite #1 of my tour, I will agree: this bakery was on my list of the best and highest-ranked in the city.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment