Woodland Bakery

Bakery: Woodland Bakery 
Address: 117 35 HWY, Burns Lake, BC
Website: n/a 
Style: Canadian 
Price: $-$$ 

Located inside the mall, Woodland Bakery may not look like much in terms of visual appeal. It's as old-school as it gets, with metal racks of plastic-packed bread and one display case no longer in use, but when did I ever care about curb appeal? It's the goods that count and Woodland has a nice, decidedly appetizing selection of classic Canadian goodies that include an ample variety of doughnuts, danishes, cinnamon buns and turnovers.
I confess I was only going in for one thing: I just wanted to try their doughnuts (glazed; $0.80). It's the first thing I go for and these were nice and fresh with good texture and a delicious hint of lemon in the icing. Nothing special: doughnuts as they should be.
While waiting for my doughnut to be packed, I saw it: the cinnamon bread ($4.50). I'd been having cinnamon buns everywhere lately, so I told myself that I was on a cinnamon hiatus and yet as soon as I saw this chunky, incredibly fragrant loaf of bread, I had to try it. Interlaced with cinnamon mass and finished off with a sticky golden top, my only regret was that I was travelling and didn't have butter and a toaster with me so I could heat this up. Mmmm... I knew just from looking at it that it'd be a winner. Just might be the best cinnamon bread ever.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment