The Drive Thru

Bakery: The Drive Thru
Address: 103W Second St E, Vanderhoof, BC
Website: https://thedrivethru.business.site/
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

Finding the one bakery in Vanderhoof inexplicably closed on the day I happened to drive through it, I was lucky enough to spot this coffee stop advertising themselves as a bakery. Even though I'd be coming back through Vanderhoof a few days later, I still decided to check out The Drive Thru. Okay, so they're not a real bakery; yes, they have homemade goodies, but these are limited to five on the menu (cookie, brownie, scone, cinnamon roll or muffin) and a lot more limited in person. Thinking that it would be easier to pick something out if I actually went inside their teeny tiny coffee shop, I was not only disappointed that there was just the list of baked goods, without you being able to see them, but that the cookies and brownies were gone, so there were only three things on the menu.
Muffins never feel like a Cake Tour and I'm not a fan of scones, so naturally I went in for the cinnamon bun ($3.25) - it was their last one, too. Cinnamon buns also happen to be one of my specialties. I was only a little irritated that they informed me only after I'd ordered and paid that the final cinnamon bun also happened to have no icing on it. To be quite honest with you, had I seen the cinnamon bun (without icing) prior to ordering it, I wouldn't have taken it. Big and doughy, with just a sliver of cinnamon mass twisting its way through it, this bun was definitely on the dry side. It is possible to have a plain sweet bun that tastes good, but the bun on its own had no distinct flavour. A bit like a chunk of dense white bread. And why did it not have any icing? Hate to say it, I was not impressed.

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment