Baker Extraordinaire

Bakery: Baker Extraordinaire
Address: 4630 Park Ave, Terrace BC
Website: n/a 
Style: Canadian 
Price: $

Terrace, I felt, wasn't all that small to have just one bakery. Baker Extraordinaire has the bread and it has the pie, but beyond that, it's not even as full-fledged a bakery as I had hoped, especially in terms of individual baked goods like your usual cinnamon buns and whatnot, which don't factor into the bakery's repertoire at all. The closest things to single sweets are their cookies (they do come in packs, but if you're lucky your desired flavour might be in the singles basket) and muffins, both of which are wrapped in saran wrap. Personally, I would prefer if you just asked for them behind the counter - it's not the first time I've made a note of this, but really, saran wrap doesn't make anything look appetizing, no matter how amazing it tastes on the inside. Just some food for thought. <3 nbsp="" p="">
 Their pies did look good, but with no slices available, I was sad that all I had to review was the lemon blueberry muffin ($1.95) and a ginger snap ($1.10). Now, my favourite cookie has to be ginger. I love ginger cookies that are chewy and extra spiced. This had a good aroma and it was both fragrant and flavourful; could be a little "spicier", though. I liked that it wasn't hard, and while it was soft, it fell apart too easily and didn't have the amazing chewiness I was looking for.
Though I don't usually consider muffins Cake Tour fare, this one was very good; although looking like nothing special from the outside, it was loaded with blueberries and not too sweet or cake-like. Maybe it was even better *gasps* than the ginger cookie....

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment