Good Morning Bakery

Bakery: Good Morning Bakery 
Address: 329 North Rd, Coquitlam BC
Website: n/a 
Style: Korean 
Price: $$

Located in the forever crazy Hanin Village (aka H-Mart) plaza, Good Morning is a tiny Korean bakery with a very small selection of sweet and savoury breads, made even smaller because it appeared to be fairly cleaned out. Given the fact that Korean bakeries are usually dependable in terms of being open late and still having good selection, I was disappointed with how little choice there was at around 6 (granted, this one isn't open that late - it closes at 8). Shelves that I presumed were supposed to be filled with baked goods were empty and only larger cream rolls and cakes, along with packs of cookies were what I'd call well-stocked. Must be a popular place - and that's a good sign, I think.
Good Morning has an assortment of typical Korean buns along with some surprises like a handful of French pastries. Bean- or cream-stuffed sweet buns were on the labels, but not there, so I grabbed another Korean classic (for me): the soboro bun ($2.30). It proved to be a favourite on my Korea travels, though at the same time I did realize these really come hit or miss. And this soboro bun was such a miss! :( I love when these have a chunky top with maybe a cookie-like layer or textured granola crumble, maybe some nuts... I've tried various interpretations. This one was one of the most boring: the top had no texture at all. It was soft and a bit mushy, with a one-dimensional peanut butter taste which I wasn't a fan of. Underneath, the bun was airy and dry, with no distinct taste. Probably the worst soboro bun I've had, right when I was in the mood for one.... *sighs*

Rating: *1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment