Baker Boy

Bakery: Baker Boy 
Address: 617 3 Ave W, Prince Rupert BC 
Website: n/a 
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

Prince Rupert should so have more than one bakery - what is going on!? Suffice to say, there is one bakery and that bakery is Baker Boy. This large, unadorned bakery features a fairly appealing selection that includes multiple varieties of glazed and iced doughnuts along with cream-filled pastries, pies and cookies. If you're here for healthy baked good alternatives, you've come to the wrong place; Baker Boy is all about the doughnuts!
Unfortunately, I came as soon I arrived in town, about an hour before closing and all that greeted me were various labels on empty shelves. So many of the doughnuts were already gone. Thankfully, I'm not exactly a sprinkle person (fritters would have been nice though) and I was perfectly happy with my maple bar ($1.00) and crueller ($1.05).
These were classic, unpretentious doughnuts done right: fresh, perfect texture, nice and golden brown. My favourite was the crueller: it was so light and airy, the dough moist and the glaze just right. The maple bar was good, but I felt like the glaze was a little too wet/soft - I like when there's that sight crackle when you bite into it.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment