Nestor's Bakery

Bakery: Nestor's Bakery
Address: 912 20th St W, Saskatoon SK
Style: Canadian, Doughnuts
Price: $$ 
 
Nestor's is a charming neighbourhood bakery that appears to be all about the doughnuts. And that is a good thing. I mean, sure, they do sell pie and bread, but the moment you enter your mind is clouded by all those racks of doughnuts and you kind of forget about everything else. Doughnut holes? Churros? It was quite the dilemma, especially given the fact that it was announced that everything on that busy afternoon was 50% off. No wonder everyone was there! 
I was actually telling myself before entering Nestor's that I needed to lay off the doughnuts, at least for a while. Mimi's Cake Tour does love doughnuts, but sometimes you start feeling a bit guilty. Kind of a like a New Year's resolution. And like resolutions, this one didn't last. I grabbed 6 doughnut holes and an apple fritter (I paid $2.50 for everything). No regrets. 
Well, maybe only that the doughnut holes especially were very dense and doughy and I wasn't really expecting them to be cake doughnuts; I'm not the biggest fan of cake doughnuts. Even though the apple fritter wasn't necessarily a cake doughnut, it still had that compact, heavy texture. The glaze was also a bit overbearing. Still good, but had both been a little more fluffy, it would have made a world of difference! 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment