小森美丸 [Mimi's World Tour]


 Bakery: 小森美丸 現烤甜甜圈 (Komori Mimaru Freshly Baked Doughnuts)
Address: No. 259, Section 3, Guohua St, West Central District, Tainan 
Website: facebook 
Style: Doughnuts
Price: $$ 

Let's follow up one 4-star review with another~! This Japanese-inspired doughnut stand and cafe was the only 4-star Cake Tour during my trip to Taiwan. That's right, out of nearly 100 stops, it was this doughnut stand that captured my heart and taste buds. Sold out of a little display case right outside the cafe, these baked doughnuts are supposed to come in seven fixed varieties and you do get a discount when you buy more (which I was thinking of doing the following day). When I came, however, there was literally one doughnut left and I had little choice in the matter. 
Luckily, I did decide to take that final milk doughnut ($30/each, 4/$100). Baked doughnuts are certainly not my favourite type and, outwardly, there was nothing remarkable about this particular doughnut. It was a little blackened in areas, it wasn't necessarily even pretty, so I wasn't expecting much. However, the taste and incredible texture, that crunch on the outside and dense and chewy inside took me completely by surprise. It was a little greasy, a little sweet. It was AMAZING! 

Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment