Wadena Bakery & Coffee Nook


 
Bakery: Wadena Bakery & Coffee Nook
Address: 70 Main St N, Wadena, SK
Style: Canadian 
Price: $ 

From the outside, Wadena Bakery looks like your typical prairie town bakery; actually, it doesn't look any different from the inside as well, but what totally astounded me was the amount of people flocking here. What exactly is the population of Wadena? Does every single person in town and in a 100 km radius make it a mission of popping into this bakery on Saturday morning? Not that I'm complaining, mind you! It warms my heart to have a bakery receive such ardent support. One more thing: there was a sign posted in the window to vote for them in some sort of Canadian Bakery Awards - um, hello? how am I not part of the panel of guest judges? It's so disconcerting to know nothing I do or say matters. *sighs* 
Anyways, Wadena Bakery is without a doubt a doughnut bakery. In my opinion, those are some of the best kind, but seeing as I'd already bought doughnuts the day before, I thought it better to take a break. In this sense, it was difficult to pick out something else, especially when everyone in front of me just kept loading up on those doughnuts. Was it ever tempting to go back on my resolve!
 
One non-doughnut item that seemed to enjoy some popularity was the cinnamon knot ($1.10). Ridiculously well-priced, these flower-shaped, muffin-sized baked goods take the top of a cinnamon bun (which is easily the best part) and offers you almost 360 degree coverage. They're sweet, they're gooey - but they tasted more like sticky buns than cinnamon buns. Whether the glaze was overpowering or there wasn't enough cinnamon, I'm not sure; all I knew was that I would have liked more cinnamon flavour. I probably should have stuck to those doughnuts after all... 

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment