Kupel's Bakery [International Correspondent]


Bakery: Kupel's Bakery
Address: 421 Harvard St, Brookline, MA
Style: Jewish, American
Price: $$ 

[These reviews have been sitting complete on my blog for many a month and I've been waiting and nagging to get all the photos from these posts up. At last, it was a struggle, but I got them! Both the reviews and photos from last year's New England trip - wow, I thought I'd never see these posted in their entirety....

I don't really know what we were doing in Brookline, a suburb of Boston (I guess you could call it that), except for driving past and spotting what looked like a bagel bakery. There are two types of bagel bakeries: the ones that sell just bagels and the ones that actually sell classic baked goods. I'm not really a bagel connoisseur, so luckily Kupel's was my kind of bakery. 
My favourite pick at any Jewish bakery are the chocolate buffalo pastries, but I don't really remember whether they didn't have them at all or they just didn't look as authentic and meaty as the poppy seed stuff. I got those triangle cookies that start with an H... I always see these and it just hit me when I tried the ones from Kupel's that they are just cookies stuffed with poppy seed. A little dry, in my opinion. 
What was good was the poppy seed danish. This was literally exploding with poppy seed! They really didn't have to put that much in - I wonder if you'd fail a drug test after eating this thing.... probably.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment