安堤生烘焙 [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: 安堤生烘焙
Address: No. 46-15, Nanmen Road, West Central District, Tainan
Website: n/a
Style: Chinese
Price: $$ 

Located near the south gate and surrounding park, this small, cavernous bakery has a limited selection of sweet and savoury baked goods that range from the most basic classics found in any budget bakery to a more rustic selection of bread and French-inspired pastries located on the central table. Despite all the signs outside advertising castella in Japanese, that was one item I did not see. At the time, they seemed to have a strawberries and cream theme going on with breads and pastries of various sizes, most of which looked quite tasty and would have probably been my top pick. However, it being stifling, I'd already made the mistake of getting lured into buying a creamy pastry and seeing it totally melt, so I wasn't willing to see the same thing happen again. 
Instead, I went with the tried-and-true pineapple bun ($30). Always a safe bet on a hot, humid day. I really like the extra crusty pineapple buns with that great crunch on the outside and this one, with its chunky, almost cookie-like shell looked really promising. In that sense, I was a little disappointed; it simply did not have the texture I was anticipating. Not only was the shell not crunchy enough, the bun underneath was too doughy. Not bad, but judging by the more artisan look of a lot of their products, I was hoping for better. 

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment