Nana & Papa's Bakery


Bakery: Nana & Papa's Bakery
Address: 897 Island Hwy W #104, Parksville, BC 
Style: Canadian
Price: $
 
This is either a newer bakery or I somehow missed the previous time I was here; I believe it to be the former. Nonetheless, Nana & Papa's is located almost in between Qualicum Beach and Parksville-proper, in a highway-side plaza that you wouldn't presume would have a bakery. But it's there. And for a new bakery, it was so nice to see that it was as classic Canadian as it gets. With its selection of cinnamon buns, scones and other old-school treats at ridiculously amazing prices (though it would be great if those amazing prices were displayed beforehand), it feels like this bakery has been around forever.  
In my opinion, one of the more unique products available was their coconut Bavarian cream bun. Did I get that name right? Or at least the description of what it was... The cinnamon-style bun was fresh and fluffy, but I was hoping for more rich, Portuguese flavours with the coconut and custard pairing. Instead I found it a bit lacking in taste. Next time, I would probably try something else.

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment