Union Square Donuts [International Correspondent]


Bakery: Union Square Donuts
Address: 409 Harvard St, Brookline, MA
Style: Doughnuts
Price: $$ 
 
I did two doughnut shops when I was in Boston. The first, and the one I actually researched, was Union Square Donuts, which has a couple locations around Boston. This one is located by Kupel's Bakery. It's pretty much your typical gourmet doughnut shop. There are around 7-8 different flavours and they're either ring doughnuts with glaze or have some sort of filling. 
The thing I really liked with Union Square was the fact their doughnuts are fried to a crisp golden brown. Usually, these gourmet places have that Tim Hortons vibe, they're so soft and mushy - or they're cake doughnuts and I don't like cake doughnuts. These were more like fritters or Polish doughnuts and those are the best type. I took a cranberry ring doughnut and the Vietnamese coffee. Interesting flavours, but the glaze was a little thick and pasty on both. You could still taste the fried doughnut, though, so I liked it. This was my pick for best doughnut shop in the area, at least from the two I tried. 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment