Tofitian Coffee House


Bakery: Tofitian Coffee House
Address: 1180 Pacific Rim Hwy, Tofino BC 
Style: Canadian
Price: $$ 
 
This is the one place that is easy to forget about and I know I did the last time I was in Tofino. I saw it on the way in and on the way out it just seemed to slipped my mind. Oh well, I got it this time, for better or for worse. Tofitian Cafe isn't entirely a bakery, but they do come up when you search for bakeries and they have a small selection of home-baked goodies that is limited to three types of croissants, some cookies and other uh, stuff that didn't quite whet my appetite. Without a doubt, the three flaky pastries - croissants, almond croissants and chocolate croissants - are *the* thing to get, in my opinion. 
More specifically, I took the chocolate croissant ($4.25). This one hefty pastry with a nice crusty exterior and layers of flaky dough; to their credit, they also added more chocolate than I was expecting with a chocolate croissant. The one half dusted in powdered sugar wasn't necessary, but it was a nice touch. Worthy of a French bakery, in fact, but the experience during getting that pastry... man, how ridiculously annoying and unpleasant!

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment