Plaisir Sucré

Bakery: Plaisir Sucré
Address: 2668 Arbutus St, Vancouver BC
Website: facebook
Style: French
Price: $$ 

Another tour in the Kitsilano area led me to this authentic French patisserie on Arbutus. Plaisir Sucré may not be the largest or fanciest bakery in the neighbourhood, but the wonderful display of tasty, reasonably-priced baked goods and pastries is not to be missed -- to be quite honest with you, I can't understand why there weren't line-ups to the door like other bakeries I had gone to nearby. O.O In terms of selection, there was enough for me to have trouble deciding what to get; with tarts under $4 and buttery viennoiseries at around $3, I just couldn't resist finally getting something a little more special, but even then that left me with countless choices: do I get the raspberry tart, my perennial favourite? Or try something else? Everything looked so good!
Given the fact that my touring on foot had only just begun, I also wanted to pick something that wouldn't fall apart upon transport, and so, in the end, I went for the almond tart ($3.65), which was a delicious shortbread shell filled with a moist and spongy almond mass and a few slivered almonds sprinkled on top. The glazed top kind of had the look and feel like it had been pressed with saran wrap and the larger version seemed more exciting with some sort of fruit added to the almond mass, but it was nonetheless a delicious treat and a welcome break from the same old buns and danishes. :)

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment