The Invermere Bakery [International Correspondent]


Bakery: The Invermere Bakery
Address: 1305 7th Ave, Invermere BC
Website: http://www.invermerebakery.com/
Style: Canadian, European 
Price: $$ 

Invermere is the kind of town where you wouldn't expect to see a bakery, and even then you would expect it to have the predictable selection of products: pies, squares, cookies. So, Invermere was pretty surprising with its interesting and different varieties, including a few new things (like the bacon doughnut) that I wouldn't think of finding outside of an urban, "hipster" bakery. Price was average.
I tried four things from this bakery, some of which were better than others: a raspberry cinnamon bun, cronut, poppy seed bun, and a date cookie thing (I think; I don't quite remember what it was). Being the cinnamon bun expert, the raspberry bun was without a doubt my specialty. It was also the daily special. Good taste, although it would have been nice to have more raspberry filling (the bottom was fairly dry where it was just dough) and more of the cream cheese icing on top, because I always love my cream cheese icing.
 The poppy seed bun had a good amount of poppy seed in the filling, with a glaze and then icing on top of it. It was good, although it wasn't the best I have ever had. I was, however, very surprised to find a poppy seed bun here.
I had never had a cronut before. Actually, this was not my pick (because I personally wouldn't be interested in cronuts), but anyhow sugar sprinkled on a crispy outer shell, flaky inside. Just like I would expected it. The folded-over cookie was good too; it was just the way a like it: a little heartier and healthier. I don't really understand the rolled over concept, but I liked it. 
This was, for me, a nice surprise to drive along and find a bakery here, and a better surprise that turned out to be both interesting and good.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment