Swiss Pastries [International Correspondent]



Bakery: Swiss Pastries
Address: 359 Victoria St, Kamloops BC
Website: http://www.swisspastrieskamloops.com/
Style: Swiss 
Price: $$ 

[Fantasic news! Though it should have been announced with the Invermere bakery post... either way, with this upcoming series of bakeries that I'm finally getting to, Mimi's Cake Tour has officially visited every province! :) Now all that remains are those (financially) elusive territories, which I will do because... well, the more remote the bakery the better AND I need to visit northern Canada. I've always dreamt of doing so and the only thing that's stopping me is money. Any tourism boards wanting to fund my trip? Please get me to at least the Yukon.... :( Ahhh, to be an insignificant blog~!]

The name says it all: this is a Swiss bakery in Kamloops. I don't remember going to a Swiss bakery before, but found that most of the pastries and cakes were things I've seen before, especially at German bakeries. It was still good to try something kind of new.
We had a Linzer torte and a Swiss tart (around $4.50 each). As I'm sure you know, the torte was made with a thicker, flaky crust, I'd say pie shell, with jam filling, while the tart was softer, with the marzipan filling more integrated with the dough. This then had chocolate icing and chopped almonds on top. Both were very good, despite being different from each other. One of the highlights of the trip.

Rating: ***1/2 

No comments:

Post a Comment