Piekarnia Cukiernia M&J [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Piekarnia-Cukiernia M&J
Address: ul. Bystrzycka 5, Wałbrzych
Website: facebook 
Style: Polish
Price: $-$$  

I think that doughnuts are always a good sign of how good the rest of the bakery is. It's really good also when you're not in the mood for more cheesecake or the assortment of creamy cakes that Polish bakeries seem to sell the most of. Anyways, this is another one of these bakeries I just spotted on a trip to Wałbrzych and thought I might as well do it. They have the usual products: doughnuts, some cakes and baked goods. The bakery wasn't very big.
Because it looked different, I took the doughnut ("oponka") with powdered sugar. This was my first time taking anything besides the traditional pączek, usually with jam filling and glaze on top, and I was curious how it would taste. This doughnut, however, was disappointing. I call it carnival style: dense cake doughnuts with no real taste to them. Maybe they would have been better with glaze; there would have been more flavour to them, but with just the powdered sugar, which didn't really want to stay on the doughnuts, these were boring. Overall, only one bakery in Wałbrzych was good. The rest didn't live up to my expectations. 

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment