Staročeská Pekárna [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Staročeská Pekárna
Address: Perlová 8, Prague
Website: http://www.staroceska.cz/
Style: Czech
Price: $-$$ 

One day, we went on a guided day trip to Prague. This meant I got to see Prague for the first time and I knew I had to try and get some bakeries done; this being an organized tour also meant that we didn't have that much time or freedom to do what we wanted, so I had to limit myself to the really touristy old town (which also has plenty of tourist traps; see the other post coming up). The first bakery was traditional, old-school Eastern European baking with a lot of familiar products like: doughnuts, fruit buns, cream puffs, cake slices....
I took a honey cake (35-40kč; around CAD1.75). This was the best honey cake I can remember having: it was soft, moist, rich and chewy -- this definitely beats my previous favourite place and was by far the best bakery stop in Prague, and probably the only one I can really recommend. Very good.

Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment