C is for Cookie [Mimi's World Tour]

Bakery: C is for Cookie 
Address: Týsgata 8, Reykjavík
Website: facebook 
Style: Icelandic, European 
Price: $-$$ 

Continuing on my quest to map every cafe with homemade cakes in Reykjavik, today's pick is C is for Cookie, which has been on my radar since last year. Their selection isn't very large, with space for three or four cakes at one time and a couple varieties of cookies on top (it really would be a disgrace if they didn't have cookies! ;P), but there is something undeniably homemade and unique about what they do have, even if nothing has a distinctive "Icelandic" vibe. I did ask to make sure, though, since I'm well acquainted with the secrets of Icelandic cafes (perhaps I was a spy after all? XD), and was comforted by the look I received in return; as in "of course our cakes are homemade, is there any other option!?" Always a good sign. The cakes and cookies are also fairly well-priced, especially for downtown Reykjavik. Bonus points for serving tea in a great big cup, too! 
While there, the only cakes they did have available were a recently sold out chocolate cake, a vegan apple cake, and the cheesecake. Debating between the apple cake, since it did look very good, and the cheesecake, I settled for the cheesecake (750kr), because I love a good cheesecake. Delicious graham crust with a cheesy, fluffy mass mixed with a hint of coconut, and then a layer of dark chocolate on top. Mmm... I had a lot of fantastic cake during this time in Iceland (perhaps too much cake... I ate a lot of cake .____.), but this is definitely up there with my favourites. Simple and so yummy!! Would return in a heartbeat!

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment