Bakkerij Lobelle

Bakery: Bakkerij Lobelle a.k.a. Woody's Bakery
Address: 153 Stewart St E, Vanderhoof, BC
Website: n/a 
Style: Dutch, Canadian 
Price: $$ 

I missed this bakery on the way there due to some sort of inexplicable closure, so I was glad to grab on the way back, albeit around a half hour before closing. Thinking this enough time, I was surprised at how incredibly cleaned out the place was; not only that, people were grabbing up the last remaining items as if their lives depended on it. LOL It's nice to see such passion for a bakery and, of course, it's a pretty promising sign when it comes to the baked goods, but waah, I was three people down and saw two of my top picks snatched up before I made it to the front of the line!
When it was my turn, there were three or four sweet items left. Of the ones that were left, I picked the so-called vanilla slice ($2.75) as the most well, Dutch. It is a bakkerij, after all. ;) Given it's pretty much empty at the end of the day, you at least know the pastries are fresh. And they were. The dough was flaky and crunchy, there was just the right amount of delicious vanilla cream between each layer and I loved the glaze on top, which hadn't completely hardened yet (another sign of its freshness). So good! I just wish I had the opportunity to try more from this very promising bakery.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment