Piekarnia Hert [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Piekarnia Hert
Address:
Website: http://piekarniahert.pl/
Style: Polish
Price: $

This is pretty much the first bakery I spotted upon entering town and I thought I better do it, since then there would be complaints [Editor's note: I heard that!]. Little did I know that there was pretty much a bakery/pastry shop on every corner. And this one was probably not the best one to go to. Oh well.
Hert is a chain of relatively cheap, local bakeries (within the region) with more than a dozen locations. As the name states, they are a bakery, so their focus is on breads and buns, not on sweets. Still, they have a selection of classic Polish baked goods. I took the poppy seed bun and doughnut, for example. The doughnut had a rum filling and the poppy seed bun was good; the one minus in both cases was that they were too bready. I guess this is the difference between a bakery (piekarnia) and a patisserie (cukiernia)?

Rating: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment