Cukiernia Sowa [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Cukiernia Sowa 
Address: Chmielna 11, Warsaw
Website: http://www.cukierniasowa.pl/
Style: Polish
Price: $$ 

The owl bakery, as I like to call it, was another bakery where I found out after I bought something that apparently it's a chain and is located in all the malls. Even outside of Warsaw I have seen them; I guess it was not even surprising that going to their website automatically brings me to an English version. They are just that big and that was kind of a disappointment. I wanted to go to more unique places that make one-of-a-kind baked goods and cakes. Guess in Poland that's harder than it looks.
Here, I took a croissant-shaped baked good of white poppy seed (didn't know such a thing existed and not sure if it counts as a 'poppy seed bun') and marzipan. The idea sounded really good; I had never heard of anything like this before, and it intrigued me. But biting into it, it was dry and nothing special. In my opinion, it was actually the worst of the bunch from Warsaw minus the cheesecake at the coffee store. Disappointing.

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment