Boko Bakery [International Correspondent]

Bakery: Boko Bakery
Address: 280 Elgin St, Ottawa ON 
Website: (facebook
Style: Canadian 
Price: $$ 

Bakery changed names to "Brownloaf Bakery" - is it the same thing? I'll have to see the next time... Another stop for Ottawa! I have to say that this bakery was pretty boring in terms of its selection. They seem to specialize in decorations on icing, like shaped and brightly coloured sugar cookies, but it wasn't what I was expecting or necessarily wanted. I think the target of most products are kids and -- of course -- parents of young kids.
 Their second specialty seems to be cookies; they have a lot of them, so I thought I might as well try one, though cookies aren't my favourite bakery purchase, mostly because my mom's cookies will always be better. I took something that looked like an oatmeal raisin. It was okay, but dry. And I thought that while they were "cheap", they were expensive for a cookie.
 The long thing was a sticky almond thing. I forget what it was, but it was basically just almonds stuck together with like a sweet toffee/caramel. It was very sticky but wasn't bad.
Lastly was a free sample of their Japanese cheesecake. It was small so I zoomed in to make it look like a slice. Only sold whole. $9 for whole cake. The cheesecake was good (definitely the best cheesecake you will find in Ottawa, without a doubt), but not the best I've had (I also kind of feel that Japanese cheesecake is getting way too hyped [Editor's note: I have to say I agree with this comment]). Overall this bakery was alright; I was hoping for a little more, but the cheesecake saved the day.

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment