Vienna Bakery [International Correspondent]


Bakery: Vienna Bakery
Address: 10207 63rd Ave NW, Edmonton AB
Website: http://viennabakery.ca/
Style: Austrian, German 
Price: $$ 

Another German/Austrian bakery in Edmonton. There were actually a lot of good European bakeries in Edmonton and Vienna Bakery is one of them. They had a big selection of German-style pastries and breads (pretty much everything I would expect).

Poppy seed cake (left) and marzipan roll/cake
I got two pieces of cake, because I like cake, especially traditional German ones. I noticed that they had poppy seed cake, so that was one I felt I had to get. [Editor's note: Finally! Finally! I get some respect! *-*] I'm not really that good with poppy seed baked goods, but this one was very good with a moist poppy seed filling with generous amount of poppy seeds in it. On top, there was a crunchy crumble top that I liked. I gave it a 4.5/5 [Obviously everyone forgot my site is out of 4].

The marzipan cake I picked out on my own was also very good and worthy of the same rating. It had a soft chocolate coating with light, but satisfying cream and fruit filling. With its smooth marzipan taste, it's definitely recommended by me, as is the bakery as a whole. I'm not sure what to say besides this.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment