Hoo. Donut [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Hoo. Donut (呼點甜甜圈)
Address: No. 7-2, Section 2, Nanchang Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei 
Style: Doughnuts
Price: $$$
 
It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes there comes along a business and it's like I invented it. The logo or brand concept teamed up with some great food - it's so exciting when it's all my style. A Mimi approved business, if you will. Well, Hoo. Donut (yes, with a period) is Mimi approved. 
The random combination of soft and squishy Japanese-style baked doughnuts in a variety of Asian flavours and doughnut-loving... hedgehog that appears on everything, from their sign outside to their bags and napkins. It's brilliant! 
The doughnuts are available at a few price points, depending on flavour and filling. I usually like to try plain doughnuts when visiting a place for the first time, but I felt the matcha ($50) was a compromise I was more than willing to make. Some, expecting a more traditional doughnut texture, may be surprised at the soft, almost sponge cake consistency of the dough; it's a little chewy, quite moist and, maybe a doughnut in shape only, but I loved it. The delicate flavour of the matcha was just right. My only complaint was that it was so small but too pricey to buy another one (though had I known it was this small, I probably would have bought two regardless of the price ._.). 

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment