Carol Bakery [Mimi's World Tour]


Bakery: Carol Bakery (凱樂烘培)
Address: No. 25, Section 1, Heping East Road, Da’an District, Taipei 
Style: Chinese
Price: $$  

As far as bakeries go, Carol Bakery - a smaller local bakery chain with most of its locations in Da'an District - is as unoriginal and average as it gets. Falling into "Chinese clone bakery" category, they don't really specialize in anything or have anything truly unique. They have all your typical bread varieties that aren't necessarily presented in the most appetizing and appealing way possible. They're cheap(er), though and they kind of look the part. The products aren't bad, though; they're just dependably mediocre: neither amazing nor horrible. 
At least, that's what was going through my head as I wandered throughout the bakery, trying to figure out what to get. Nothing really stood out for me. Sometimes everyone is going for the same thing or they stick up posters advertising a particular item, but neither applied. Finally, I settled on the coffee bun ($30). After all that hesitation, I was pleasantly surprised to find it better than expected. Maybe it didn't beat out the exceptional ones I had elsewhere, but it was fresh and had a nice crust, which I really enjoyed, as well as a nice, delicate coffee taste. Pretty good. Sorry I misjudged you, Carol Bakery. 

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment