Formosa Tea Cafe

Bakery: Formosa Tea Cafe
Address: 2070 Harvey Ave, Kelowna BC
Website: http://www.formosateacafe.ca/
Style: Asian
Price: $$-$$$ 

While not in any way a bakery, Formosa is a fairly quaint tea shop specializing, of course, in bubble tea. I myself was actually there to check out their selection of tea (all organic), to the surprise of the staff who seem to expect another order of bubble tea, and while I would have liked more choice when it came to Asian teas, I was surprised to find that they had a small selection of sweets to go along with that drinks purchase. I love it when I end up with a Cake Tour when I didn't expect one! ^^ Naturally, it's not a lengthy menu, but they have cake slices (in Asian-inspired flavours like mango, Japanese cheesecake and... chocolate oreo?), limited baked goods in the form of chocolate or plain croissants, and these plastic containers of tiramisu (available in classic coffee or matcha). Not bad.
Knowing me, the moment I saw the latter, I know I wouldn't be able to resist: a matcha tiramisu ($4.25?) it was! Coming in a little plastic container, this turned out being bigger than it looked. Perhaps "bigger" is not the right word; richer, more filling. Yes, one bite of that decadent, deep green cheesy mass with soft cookie and you're hooked. Sometimes matcha baked goods aren't particularly generous with that green tea powder, but here you had that delicious taste with every bite. It certainly is worth paying a little extra compared to the classic coffee version. Mmmm... in the end, the tiramisu turned out a lot better than my too-strong oolong tea.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment